Eligibility Criteria – This term plays an important role when it comes to any competitive exam. Every exam has its own eligibility criteria and candidates have to fulfill them to appear in the examination. Likewise, the GATE exam has some guidelines and it is important for the aspirants to go through all those pointers.
Are you willing to pursue the post-graduate curriculum? Do you want a Job in PSUs? Do you want to build a strong career in research? Do you want to get placed in MNC? Well, if yes, then GATE will be a perfect choice for you. Certainly, it is a great idea to move with.
GATE is a popular examination in India and many students want to appear in that because of the perks associated with it. The exam is organized by the seven IITs, faculty affiliates from IISc, and exam committee on the behalf of the department of education, Ministry of Human Resources Development, and National Coordinating Board.
If you are serious about this exam, then you need to discover some important information about GATE eligibility criteria before starting the application process. Moreover, while reading the information you need to note that the eligibility criteria for this exam will change depending on the different subjects.
Discover The Vital Information About GATE Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria constituents are published by the Indian Institute of Technology. If we talk about 2022, it will be announced by IIT Kharagpur. The eligibility standards include some parameters such as academic qualification, nationality, and more. Scroll down to reveal those pointers in detail.
- The minimum education qualification expected for aspirants is 10+2+3. Those students who are in the third year of their undergraduate studies and want to appear in this exam can also register for this examination.
- If we talk about the traditional era, aspirants were authorized to apply for only one paper. But, from last year things have changed completely. Now, candidates can go for two subjects from the guided form of sequences.
- The best part about this exam standard is there is no age limit. This means aspirants belonging to any age can go for this examination because there is no minimum or maximum age boundary for registering in the exam.
- If you have completed your graduation from Engineering/ Technology/ Arts/ Commerce or PG in related disciplines, then you are also eligible for this exam.
- Again the relaxing point here is that there is no attempt limit.
International Students Are Also Welcome
Now the international students can also appear in the GATE exam. The eligibility standards for those students are a little different. If you want to know what are those factors, then keep on reading:
- Students from Bangladesh, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are also qualified for this examination.
- Applicants must be diploma holders or graduates or in the final year or the third year of their graduation degree in engineering and technology.
- Now moving to the PG students, students who are in the final year or the pre-final year of their PG degree or already have a PG degree in the relevant subjects are also eligible.
Make a Wise Decision For your Career
No wonder every young talent aspires to build a career that can add meaning to their lives. Flourishing your career through a competitive exam is one of the most reputed ways. All you need to do is come to any final decision to make sure you are clear about all the GATE eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, and more.
We hope you will make a wise decision!